Promoting Jewish identity and engagement with Israel through Israeli dance, as well as community cohesion through dance performance
What we do
Our focus as an organisation is on programme development, training teachers in their use, promoting Jewish identity and building community cohesion - our projects impact on some 5,000 children and young people in the UK and many thousands worldwide. We have a number of performing troupes starting with children aged 10-11 and including dancers in their 40s, 50s and 60s. We also run recreational Israeli dance classes for adults.
What we offer schools
- One off or regular dance classes;
- Support for a school's own dance classes;
- Facilitate Israeli dance performing troupes within the school (at secondary or primary Years 4-6);
- Provision of teaching materials;
- An annual Children's Dance Festival for Years 2-6 primary school children and an Early Years event for reception and Year 1
Minimum/maximum group size
Anything is possible
Cost to school
Dependent on times and experience of teacher supplied but usually in the £40-£60 per hour range.
This is what schools say about us
"At the Independent Jewish Day School, Israeli dance classes mirror our religious Zionist ethos. Through dance the pupils learn Ivrit through the words of songs, they learn about Israeli culture and music and of course they have fun whilst being physically active." Lady Deborah Kestenbaum (Assistant Head, Independent Jewish Day School)