Keep your children entertained during June half-term across the country with our teams pick of the best family activities. Whether it’s with teenagers or toddlers, pack your Shavuot holidays with fun activities with an educational tie to the Jewish festival.
Below we have come up with ideas of activities based on key themes of Shavuot. Some activities might require pre-bookings, so it’s worth checking in advance!
Shavuot celebrates the ‘first fruits’ of the wheat harvest in Israel, and the end of the barley harvest.
- Visit Kew Gardens to enjoy world famous botanic gardens
- Pick your own fruit or vegetables at a farm near you!
- In Manchester? Spend the day exploring the RHS Bridgewater
- Celebrate the Queen’s jubilee and Shavuot at Hyde Park, where the royal parks will be running activities.
Law and Books
The holiday of Shavuot is the day on which we celebrate the giving of the torah, it is for this reason celebrating and exploring the law reminds us of when God gave the Law to Moses at Mount Sinai.
- Experience beautiful courtrooms with a trip to the Supreme Court
- Familiarise yourself with the cathedral style building at the Royal Court of Justice
- Explore the grounds of barristers’ chambers, collegiate buildings, and a first-class law library with a visit to Lincoln’s Inn
- Visit the British Library
- Visit your local library
It is customary to eat dairy foods on Shavuot, specifically the first day of Shavuot. Here at PaJeS we love cheesecakes!