Mesillot Lashem (Pathways to Hashem) is a bold and creative set of online resources for teaching Tefillah. It has been designed for children aged 7-11 but is also suitable for younger and older children.
The curriculum aims to
- Enable pupils to have a positive and meaningful experience of and attitude towards tefillah.
- Ensure that pupils have good levels of knowledge competence and confidence in their tefillot.
In particular it strives to make daily Tefillah a meaningful moment for each child.
Developed in partnership with teachers and pupils, Mesillot Lashem looks at 12 sets of tefillot in detail. It also includes resources designed to address some of the fundamental questions that arise from Tefillah.
- Recordings of tefillot sung to traditional and new melodies
- Short animations explaining the context of each tefillah ‘on one foot’
- Interactive text activities to support children’s understanding of the tefillah
- Interactive teaching presentations explaining the meaning and relevance of the tefillot
- Movies exploring concepts related to the tefillot
- Animations of related stories
The materials are designed to be used during daily Tefillah, in dedicated Tefillah lessons or as part of the Jewish Studies curriculum.
Click here to see a more detailed outline of the Tefillah curriculum.